Thursday, December 8, 2011

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas in France


I love the romantic image that a 'white christmas' evokes..... 



especially when you're pulling into the driveway of a truly grand chateau in the heart of France.....

looking toward the doorway entrance anticipating what lies within....


which turns out to be a jaw dropping extravaganza of festive elegance.....


way beyond your wildest dreams



       and you haven't even reached the staircase yet!   Time for a quick sneaky peak at the guest lounge on the way through....





and I'm already envisaging sipping fine french champagne in front of the roaring fire with the smell of wood smoke and fresh pine permeating through my nostrils as I eagerly anticipate wending my way up to my sumptuous suite....


which needless to say, doesn't disappoint!  The understated bed dressing provides sensuality, luxury and refined elegance with a wealth of natural organic textures.


Resonating in a growing glowing state of Christmas euphoria,  I take great delight in exploring every nook and cranny of my wonderous new surroundings.....


A veritable visual feast for the eyes....

and just when I think it can't get any better, I open the internal shutter doors to my apartment and find myself standing in the most gorgeous intimate private dining room complete with exquisitely decorated fruitwood french farm table.   After enjoying a few moments of complete fulfillment I embark on my next mission to find the bathroom for a quick pamper session before heading off into a blissful sleep.....


  Three hours later I challenge myself to leave this personal haven of contentment and can't resist the temptation to tippy toe down stairs for one quick looksie....


 at the guests intimate dining room meticulously set out in readiness for the celebratory Christmas lunch tomorrow. Needless to say the view as I enter the room (you guessed it) doesn't disappoint.  A true delight to the eye!



And with that I float off to the sanctuary of my suite feeling a mysterious sense of exquisite wholeness. The question begs to be asked I hear you say "Is she really going to France for her White Christmas?" The answer is no but I do hope that having shared this beautiful dream (albeit a bit of creative inventiveness), you too will feel the surprisingly powerful effect that objects of beauty have on your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment