Wednesday, August 17, 2011

These Are a Few of my Favourite Things

To feel joyful in your home each day is the highest form of happiness


What do you collect?  What objects do you have a weakness for and find utterly irresistible when you happen upon them?  Where do you go looking for your treasures?  My favourite pieces are usually flawed, never perfect such as this gorgeous old concrete swan planter.  Broken beak and all, to me she is perfection.


I adore this Victorian era wall sconce. I am yet to find another to complete the pair. She oozes French Eighteenth Century charm and I am enamored by her wondrous beauty.


I have a weakness for fine old tins and this one is perfect for stashing away some of my personal treasures. They make wonderful storage containers for papers, stamps and special family momentos.

I have a magnificent old baltic pine apothecary chest with oodles of glass handled drawers. I keep my collection of antique porcelain pocket watch faces in one of them and always try to leave it open so the surprisingly joyful inside shows!


One of my pride and joys is this early 20th Century NZ carved wood duck decoy - I love him because of his inherent simplicity.

Thank you for viewing my blog and if like me... you derive pleasure from collecting beautiful old pieces with true provenance then please click on to Pure Provenance facebook site link under 'about me'. Once there, you will be able to view albums featuring many interesting pieces currently available to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment