Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I've Been Going A Little Potty Lately!













Spring has well and truly sprung and what better way to celebrate the fact than by decorating your outdoor room with loads of character old terracotta pots and filling them with a glorious range of annuals. What makes it even more fun is colour matching the annuals to the pots. Take a look at the pics and you'll see what I mean. My favourites are the multi coloured violas and petunias.

I can't believe people actually pay for reproduction terracotta pots straight out of China...ludicrous!! All the little terracotta pots pictured were sourced from my local hospice store. Each cost the princely sum of $1 or less.

I've also created a small potager and am so excited to see potatoes are starting to sprout, cherry tomatoes are now flowering and strawberries are ripening as we speak. I've also planted some gorgeous crunchy baby cos lettuces into individual pots which are flourishing nicely. My little birdie friends are also particularly interested in whats being produced so have resorted to covering with mesh netting to keep their eager beaks at bay.




No comments:

Post a Comment